If there's one accompaniment to British Indian Restaurant Curries that's top of the popularity stakes, it has to be the onion bhaji - yet many chefs, even in restaurants, make poor examples of these classic Indian savouries. Pakoras are simply fried, batter-coated vegetables, such as florets of cauliflower or broccoli, or slices of aubergine, parsnip or potato, cooked in the same batter as a bhaji and served sprinkled with a little salt.
Anglo Indian Chef Onion Bhaji/Pakora Mix has been formulated to enable anyone to quickly and easily make classically tasty, crisp and light bhajis that melt in the mouth and are well cooked all the way through.
- Tub contains 300g of mix composed of Gram flour, Rice flour, Garam masala, Turmeric, Mint leaves, Chilli powder and Methi leaves.
- Free from additives, preservatives, gluten, wheat, MSG. No added salt.
- The only ingredients you need to add are sliced onion or pakora vegetables, water, lemon juice and salt (if using).
- You can deep fry the bhajis or pakoras (for best results), or shallow fry them. Full cooking instructions are on the side of the tub.
- 100g of mix combined with about 100ml of water and 2-300g of sliced onions makes about 36 chicken-egg size bhajis.
- Cooking time is about 5-6 minutes, depending on your cooker.
Read more about our Onion Bhaji/Pakora Mix here